| Restoration Services
The NSSO no longer endorses any trailer restoration service. Instead, we provide guidance on what you should look for in a restoration service before you contract to do business with them.
- Seek recommendations from others. There are many, way too many to list, vintage trailer Facebook groups where you may ask advice.
- When you find someone, ask to see full pictures of their work, a good shop will have a full portfolio
- Look at the pictures carefully. Are they actually replacing damaged wood or are they just repairing it or covering it and painting it over.
- Ask for contact information for their customers so you may talk to them about their experiences with the restoration shop.
- Always do business in person - face-to-face where the shop can tell you exactly what they are going to do.
- GET A WRITTEN CONTRACT! This contract should detail everything, including materials used and what will be replaced and/or repaired.
- Be realistic in your expectations. Restoring a vintage trailer takes time.
- Pick your trailer up in person. Go over every detail before you sign off.