Elaine's Peanut Butter Fudge
- 2 boxes confectioners sugar
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 stick butter
- 1 jar marshmallow cream (7 oz)
- 1 18 oz peanut butter
- Pinch of salt
Mix butter, milk, sugar and salt. Cook to soft ball stage,stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add peanut butter and marshmallow cream. Mix well. Makes 5 1/2 pounds.
Mabel's Cajun Inspired Potluck Potatoes
- 3 packages Bob Evans already cooked mashed potatoes (I used 1 each of regular, garlic, and skin on)
- 1 can Cream of Shrimp soup
- 1 16 oz. sour cream
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 1 package Andouille cajun sausage diced
- 2 12 oz. packages shredded pepperjack cheese
- Cajun seasoning mix to taste (I use Slap Yo Mama)
Mash all but one package of cheese together and add to a Casserole Crockpot (regular will work). Spread out and add the second package of shredded cheese evenly over the top. Two hours on high, rest of time on low. YUM!
Mabel's Potluck Potatoes
- 1 package frozen potato crowns (like Tater Tots, but flat and round)
- 1 can Cheddar cheese soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 can mushroom bits and pieces
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 12 oz. sour cream
- 1 12 oz. finely shredded cheese with Taco seasonings
- diced ham or sliced kielbasa or even diced cooked chicken
Add the frozen potatoes to a 6.5-7 quart crock pot. Mix the other ingredients and add to the potatoes. Stir well. Cover pot and set to high for one hour. After one hour stir well again. The potatoes should break down into small bits. Turn the pot on low and cook until you're ready to eat. We have it on low 3 or 4 hours. Yum Yum - this recipe is a keeper!
Mabel's Mexican Casserole
- 2 cans refried black beans
- 4 cups chicken, cooked and diced
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 package taco seasonings
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 4 cups of shredded cheese (I use Mexican)
- 1 bag Tostitos (or corn chip of choice)
Spread the 2 cans of refried beans in bottom of pan. Crush chips and pour on top of beans. Mix 2 cups of the cheese with the rest of the above and pour on top of the chips. Spread the remaining cheese on top.
Bake in a 350 oven for 40 minutes, or, if you are using the new casserole crockpot, 1.25 hours on high or 3 hours on low.